Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Country Dogs and City Dogs

We've had Gloria now for 4 months. It seems like she has been a part of this family a lot longer than that and we forget what a short time we've had her until a subtle difference between her and Fred will pop up.
Take for instance this one on how they sleep outside in the swelltering heat.
Gloria being the country girl, finds a nice cool place in amongst the Tiger Lilies and lays in the dirt to keep cool.



"Momma, would you please quit taking pictures of me while I am trying to keep cool and nap."
She's so polite!

So....angelic if you will.

Aaaand then there's Freddie! Being the spoiled rotten city boy, this is how he sleeps outside trying to keep cool.
"Oh my god it's hot! I can't take it!" "Aaarg!! I'm gonna die!" "Momma do something!"



"And can you get that f#*ckin' camera out my face and get me some more ice!"

1 comment:

  1. Ahaaaahaaaa! So true!! All our bassets love to be outside, even in this heat. They don't like the airconditioning at all. They find a shady spot, ruffle the dirt abit and then dive in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...