Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lemon Shooters


These shooters have been a big hit this summer. I found them on the internet when looking for something new to make for my sister-in-laws' 50th birthday party. When I came across these I just had to try making them and boy were they easy to make and so impressive!
Here's how you make them.

You'll need:

4 lemons
1 box of lemon jello
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup tequila
coarse sea salt

Cut lemons in half length wise and hollow out making sure to get all the pulp leaving the inside shell clean. Use a muffin tin as a holder for your lemon halves. In small bowl dissolve lemon jello in boiling water. Once dissolved add cold water and tequila. Pour mix into lemon halves and refrigerate overnight. Once firm slice each halve into four wedges. I put some vegetable spray on a paper towel to wipe my knife off between cuts. I found doing this and making one swift cut worked the best. Sprinkle them with coarse sea salt just before serving.



You can also use limes and oranges and what ever liquor you want. I did some lime ones but found them a lot harder to get the inside clean as they are more stringy inside. These are great for a party. I can't wait to make them for football season!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...